Matroxfb still broken in -test6

From: Erik Hensema
Date: Tue Sep 30 2003 - 04:26:16 EST

Hi,

Matroxfb has been unusable for me since around 2.5.6x, and it still is in
-test6.

The simptoms are:

- large white bar to the right of the pengiun logo on booting
- (mostly) yellow distortion in the background: parts of the screen that
should be black, are distorted with a semi-regular pattern. Each line of
scrolling adds around 5 lines worth of distorion to the bottom of the
screen. The distorion works its way up until the entire screen is filled
with it.
Switching to and from another vc clears it.

I could make a picture of it using the low-res (640x480) digicam on my
cellphone if anyone is interesed ;-)

Hardware: Matrox G550, CRT connected to the DVI port and TV connected to
the TV-out.
Settings: all default
Config:

CONFIG_FB=y