Re: 2.6.0-test6-mm1: too many defunct event threads

From: Ricardo Galli
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 18:02:01 EST

On Tuesday 30 September 2003 00:21, Peter Osterlund shaped the electrons
to shout:
> > Synaptics driver lost sync at 1st byte
> > Synaptics driver resynced.
> >
> > which are the only glitches I find to it.
>
> Did you try to modify the driver to use low packet rate reporting, ie
> 40 packets/s instead of 80?

Just tested, the same errors.

Also confirmed that was configured to low rate by checking the interrupts
rate, exactly half as before (220 vs 440 ints. per second).

So...?

minime:~# cat /proc/interrupts
CPU0
0: 310917 XT-PIC timer
1: 149 XT-PIC i8042
2: 0 XT-PIC cascade
8: 4 XT-PIC rtc
10: 2938 XT-PIC yenta, yenta, uhci-hcd, Intel
82801CA-ICH3, orinoco_cs
11: 2 XT-PIC ohci1394, uhci-hcd, uhci-hcd
12: 9314 XT-PIC i8042
14: 5519 XT-PIC ide0
NMI: 0
ERR: 0