Re: Linksys WRT54G: Part 2

From: Pau Aliagas
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 17:17:11 EST

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Rik van Riel wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Erik Andersen wrote:
>
> > "the Linksys technical folks are digging into your questions -
> > all the the software in question is from Linksys' suppliers
> > (Linksys doesn't have the source code to this software), so we
> > have to work with these suppliers to address any concerns."
> >
> > but that was July 15 and I have heard nothing substantive from
> > them since that time.

> Hmmm, guess I _should_ mail the FSF as one of the
> copyright holders, just so I'm in the group and can
> argue for a friendly approach ;)

Buffalo (buffalotech.com) have also a bunch of products, MIPS based
wireless routers and bridges, running Linux. I could not find the driver
of the wireless cards -based on Broadcom 4306 chips- in the kernel bundle
they distribute in their website:

http://www.buffalotech.com/wireless/support/faq/index.php)
http://www.buffalotech.com/wireless/support/faq/GPL_linux_source.zip

Maybe I oversaw them.

Nor they provide drivers for the wireless cardbus. I wrote them
about it but received no answer.

Pau