BugReport (test6): USB (ACPI), SWSUSP, E100

From: Thomas Winkler
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 08:51:54 EST

Hello,

I sent a similar report for 2.6.0test5 already (see:
Back than I was told to wait for the next kernel (test6) and check again. So
here are the results with test6:

- USB - still dead
This notebook has some IRQ routing problems and requires ACPI to get it right.
When using older 2.4 Kernels I always had to apply the ACPI patches to get
USB working. With 2.6-test3 the IRQ routing / ACPI stuff worked out of the
box. With test5 and test6 USB is not working.
The following of dmesg seems to be interesting (full dmesg at the end of the
mail):

drivers/usb/host/uhci-hcd.c: USB Universal Host Controller Interface driver
v2.1
uhci-hcd 0000:00:1f.2: UHCI Host Controller
irq 9: nobody cared!
Call Trace:
[<c010ae0a>] __report_bad_irq+0x2a/0x90
[...]
[<c01072a9>] kernel_thread_helper+0x5/0xc

handlers:
[<c0204f3f>] (acpi_irq+0x0/0x16)
Disabling IRQ #9

- SWSUSP
In contrast du test5 there now is a /proc/acpi/sleep file again. But an

echo 4 > /proc/acpi/sleep shows no effect at all. SWSUSP is enabled in the
kernel (full .config at the end of the mail).

echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep produces the following output and then the prompt
returns again:
Stopping tasks: ==================
stopping tasks failed (1 tasks remaining)
Restarting tasks...<6> Strange, khubd not stopped
done

- The e100 driver seems to be broken
The NIC is detected correctly and ifconfig shows eth0 as usually. But for some
reason not a single Byte seems to go over the NIC. I can ping the machine
itself but I'm not able to send anything to any outside machine. This again
works perfectly with test3 but shows the same problems with test5 and test6
Please note: I compiled test6 with the same .config as test3 and I didn't
change any init scripts before bootuing test6. I've no idea but might this
problem be related to the broken ACPI?

full dmesg: http://www.wnk.at/tmp/test6/dmesg.txt
.config used building the kernel: http://www.wnk.at/tmp/test6/config.txt

Since I'm not subscribed to LKM please CC me on replys.
If you need more information please drop me a line.

Thanks,
--
Tom Winkler
e-mail: tom@xxxxxxxx