2.6.0-test6 APM/IDE double-suspend weirdness

From: Mikael Pettersson
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 07:36:42 EST

In test6 (and test5 and possibly earlier), when suspending
my aging Latitude with APM, the machine turns off, only to
turn itself on again one second later with the disk spinning
up. Then it turns itself off again a second later.

The kernel log contains:
hda: start_power_step(step: 0)
hda: start_power_step(step: 1)
hda: complete_power_step(step: 1, stat: 50, err: 0)
hda: completing PM request, suspend

Apart from this, both APM suspend and resume work fine.

(ACPI is not an option on this machine, even if I wanted to
use it (I don't). APM has worked near-perfectly for years.)

/Mikael