2.6.0-test6: pm callbacks broken?

From: Andreas Mohr
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 05:18:18 EST

Hi all,

I did some experimenting with the power management capabilities of
2.6.0-test6 and realized that psmouse-base.c didn't have its
pm callback psmouse_pm_callback() called upon echo 3 >/proc/acpi/sleep
and upon resume.
Result: the newly changed synaptics driver (MUCHO thanks!!!) complains
about

Synaptics driver lost sync at 1st byte

after resume.
pm_register did get called sucessfully, however (the pm_dev returned was
non-NULL).

After having traced psmouse_pm_callback(), I traced pm_send_all(),
and no log output (no invocation) there either.

Correct me if I'm completely and totally wrong, but isn't a rather "fatal"
echo 3 >/proc/acpi/sleep supposed to resurrect any and all devices
in the system upon resume??

Sorry that I didn't nail the exact place where the callback "screwup" happens
yet, but right now I don't have much time to pursue this.

(or maybe I just did something very stupid like not enabling some option)

Thanks for all your hard work!!

Andreas Mohr