Re: Linux 2.6.0-test6

From: Jörn Engel
Date: Sun Sep 28 2003 - 14:47:09 EST

On Sun, 28 September 2003 21:31:50 +0200, Sam Ravnborg wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 09:16:22PM +0200, Jörn Engel wrote:
> > How about a check_headers target that roughly works like this:
> >
> > for (all header files in include/linux and include/asm) {
> > echo "#include <$HEADER>" > header.c
> > make header.o
> > rm header.c header.o
> > }
>
> That should do it. Can you also integrate the check Linus mentioned,
> to make sure no declarations are present.

If it's simple enough, you'll have it tomorrow. Linus' check might
take a bit longer, I'm not sure yet how to define an empty object
file. Is it enough if objdump -tT only shows sections?

> I would name the target: headercheck:
> to be consistent with the other targets.

ok.

> It should be fine having it as a separate target, then we can ask
> John Cherry to include it in his nightly builds.

That would be nice, yes.

Jörn

--
Measure. Don't tune for speed until you've measured, and even then
don't unless one part of the code overwhelms the rest.