Re: kernel BUG using multipath on 2.6.0-test5

From: Matthew Wilcox
Date: Fri Sep 26 2003 - 07:22:31 EST

On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 06:57:15PM -0700, Steven Dake wrote:
> kernel BUG at drivers/scsi/scsi_lib.c:544!

BUG_ON(!cmd->use_sg);

> [<c01f631d>] scsi_init_io+0x7a/0x13d

static int scsi_init_io(struct scsi_cmnd *cmd)
struct request *req = cmd->request;
cmd->use_sg = req->nr_phys_segments;
sgpnt = scsi_alloc_sgtable(cmd, GFP_ATOMIC);

> [<c01f6455>] scsi_prep_fn+0x75/0x171

static int scsi_prep_fn(struct request_queue *q, struct request *req)
struct scsi_cmnd *cmd;
cmd->request = req;
ret = scsi_init_io(cmd);

... this is getting outside my area of confidence. Ask axboe why we might
get a zero nr_phys_segments request passed in.

--
"It's not Hollywood. War is real, war is primarily not about defeat or
victory, it is about death. I've seen thousands and thousands of dead bodies.