In 2.6 kernel, there are 2 problems with Korean keyboard.

From: 정태영
Date: Fri Sep 26 2003 - 03:49:49 EST

Hi,

In Korean 106-key keyboard, there are two keys aren't working.

Those are, Korean/English Key, and Korean/Chinese Key.
These have scancode of 0xf2, and 0xf1 accordingly, also in xev, it were
recognised as 122 and 121.

In 2.4.xx kernel, these keys send the event correctly, however in
2.6.0_test5, it seems it has problem with sending key events.

It leaves following lines in the kernel log;

Sep 24 03:33:59 [kernel] atkbd.c: Unknown key (set 2, scancode 0xf1, on isa0060/serio0) pressed.
Sep 24 03:33:59 [kernel] atkbd.c: Unknown key (set 2, scancode 0xf2, on isa0060/serio0) pressed.

So I have tried to hack atkbd.c and assigned values to 0xf2 and 0xf1, now the kernel log seems fine but still, xev doesn't receive anything.

Also, while I was searching internet, I have found a patch for an old keyboard driver.
http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/2142/2002/2/0/7967619/

How would i be able to use these keys correctly in Kernel 2.6?

Regards