Re: PS2 keyboard & mice mandatory again ?

From: Nicolas Mailhot
Date: Thu Sep 25 2003 - 07:15:37 EST

Le jeu 25/09/2003 à 13:15, Adrian Bunk a écrit :
> On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 10:11:45AM +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> >
> > Great, now a standard mass-market computer is an embedded device. I can
> > (and will) certainly do it, but this looks like a ticking bomb to me.
>
> What does it cost if an unneeded driver is included in your kernel?
> Perhaps a few kB?

And all the bugs of the unneeded driver.
I didn't notice this because I have the habit to run diff between my old
and new config. I noticed it because on 2.6.0-test-bk9 or 10 I had my
boot logs full of warnings associated to PS/2 input.

The less things I have to worry about the better I sleep. That's why I
only build EHCI on my kernel and plug all USB1 devices in an external
USB2 hub.

The next "obvious" step is to make serial, parallel, floppy, ide and
vesa drivers mandatory since most people have this kind of harware. How
would _you_ like that ?

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Mailhot