PS2 keyboard & mice mandatory again ?

From: Nicolas Mailhot
Date: Wed Sep 24 2003 - 13:33:49 EST

Hi,

I've just had the unpleasant surprise to find out that in the latest
2.6 snapshots

CONFIG_SERIO=y
CONFIG_SERIO_I8042=y

is forced on everyone. I know the modularization of 8042 has generated a
lot of bug reports, but couldn't people just fix the damn option name
and description instead of making it mandatory ?

There are already a lot of people (me included) with a 100% usb input
setup. More are on the way (really a nice hub on the desk instead of
crawling under it to reach PS/2 ports is a no-brainer once you've tested
it). Please revert this change.

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Mailhot