Re: log-buf-len dynamic

From: Pau Aliagas
Date: Wed Sep 24 2003 - 02:58:13 EST

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> Use CVS and be happy. But don't complain to others that have needs that
> CVS simply can't fill.
> Indeed. That's pretty much all non-distributed stuff is useful for, from
> where I'm stading. Small projects with a few developers and a lot of
> read-only stuff. And even there the developers will bitch about the
> limitations.
>
> Sure, SVN makes branches cheaper, but you still have to work with them
> like under CVS, ie merging is a total disaster. And you still can't make
> it your private repository.

No flame wars intended, but arch does this and more. See:
http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/gnu-arch

Distributed, complex merging, easy branches... and even a linux repository
from 0.1, not yet in the detail of the current cvs or bk, but easyly
achievable if anyone is interested in spending the time to import it.

Pau