Possible Kernel 2.4.22 Bug - Please advise

From: DALive Editor
Date: Tue Sep 23 2003 - 18:10:00 EST

Objective:

To successfully complete my first kernel compilation, thereby upgrading my Kernel to the 2.4.22.

Problem:

After having sorted through literally dozens of problems, most related to my ignorance on the topic, I finally got a booting kernel image. Yet, with my new kernel, the boot sequence always fails to determine ip information, yet this always work with my old, and only working, kernel (except when there are problems with the ISP).

Host Setup:

-Red Hat 9.0 Distro
-Grub as boot loader
-2 NIC's (different)