Freeswan 2.02 + 2.4.22-bk22 problem

From: Robert L. Harris
Date: Mon Sep 22 2003 - 13:03:59 EST

I'm trying to buildout a 2.4.22-bk22 + freeswan 2.02 setup to replace a
system vulnerable to the ptrace exploit. Downloaded the sources,
patched and built it with the "make oldgo" since the kernel was
configured right otherwise (no modules, all compiled in). Installed my
binaries and the new kernel and rebooted.

It looks very happy execpt if I do a "ifconfig ipsec0 down". This will
hang up and never go away, a reboot is required to clear it. No error
messages or output. Running an strace against the ifconfig doesn't even
attatch it seems.

I can't currently search the freeswan archives or subscribe to the lists
due to problems with connecting to the servers but I'm not giving up on
that route either.

Any thoughts or theories?

:wq!
Robert L. Harris | GPG Key ID: E344DA3B
@ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
DISCLAIMER:
These are MY OPINIONS ALONE. I speak for no-one else.

Life is not a destination, it's a journey.
Microsoft produces 15 car pileups on the highway.
Don't stop traffic to stand and gawk at the tragedy.