Nick's scheduler policy v15a

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Mon Sep 22 2003 - 00:41:46 EST

http://www.kerneltrap.org/~npiggin/v15a/

No changes apart from a sync with Linus' tree now that it includes Con's
stuff. It basically just reverts the patches that have gone in. I'm not
sure what the right way to do this would be, but it seems cleaner than to
wade through the remains of my patches after a brute force merge.

This still has known SMP regressions that I haven't got around to looking
at yet because there has been a bit of trouble with a big box I'm supposed
to get time on.

I am still not aware of any desktop / interactivity problems so tell me if
you find any.