Re: BUG at mm/memory.c:1501 in 2.6.0-test5

From: William Lee Irwin III
Date: Sat Sep 20 2003 - 00:15:11 EST

On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 11:10:06PM +0200, Petr Vandrovec wrote:
> I explicitly stated that it happened shortly after I shut down VMware UI,
> and that I spent whole day trying to find what's going on, finally
> politely asking for help, hoping that someone could have a clue
> what went wrong.

Much better. I presumed something like nvidia. Now that that's cleared
up, I'll have to find time to take a breather and peek at the vmware bits
to see if they're doing anything that might get misunderstood by the VM.

One thing to look for in vmware if you have the time/motivation
yourself is to check for dirty bits getting left in (or put into) non-
present ptes; this clashes with _PTE_FILE on i386.

-- wli