Re: NS83820 2.6.0-test5 driver seems unstable on IA64

From: Benjamin LaHaise
Date: Fri Sep 19 2003 - 05:50:47 EST

On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 07:53:04AM +0200, Andi Kleen wrote:
> You must add the 2 bytes in dev_alloc_skb() too.
>
> (it also add 16 bytes by itself, but they are used for other things)

Sorry, the chipset does not support packet rx into unaligned buffers.
stoopid. Fwiw, the copy code got removed by davem -- isn't the core
dealubg wuth unakugned packets now?

-ben
--
"The software industry today survives only through an unstated agreement
not to stir things up too much. We must hope this lawsuit [by SCO] isn't