Re: How does one get paid to work on the kernel?

From: Nigel Cunningham
Date: Fri Sep 19 2003 - 04:32:53 EST

Yes, provided as you say that you don't mount the file systems involved;
mounting them will make journalling filesystems run their recoveries,
which will in turn make the suspend image inconsistent. It's only really
viable if the filesystems were mounted read only to start with... I've
just added functionality to the 2.4 version for such a case.

Regards,

Nigel

--
Nigel Cunningham
495 St Georges Road South, Hastings 4201, New Zealand

You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless,
Christ died for the ungodly.
-- Romans 5:6, NIV.