New kernel fails to determien Ip informtion.

From: DALive Editor
Date: Thu Sep 18 2003 - 15:46:01 EST

Hello all,

I've been attempting to successfully configure my first kernel for the past at least two (2) weeks if my memory serves me right. I got soem good help from a number of sources including LinuxQuestions.org. But now I've arrived at yet another critical bump in the road which I've not yet had resolved.

Basically, my new compiled kernel (2.4.22) always fails to determine ip information for my internet (via DSL) connection. This always works with my old installed kernel (came with RH 9.0) unless my ISP has a problem at the time and this is definitely not the case.

What confuration options or otherwise could be causing this?

Please advise.
Thank you.