Re: [ACPI] Re: Vaio doesn't poweroff with 2.4.22

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Thu Sep 18 2003 - 06:37:45 EST

Hi!

> > And was that acpi or apm? If it was acpi you saw a little miracle.
>
> ACPI.
>
> BTW, I just started to see other weird things that may be related to ACPI, but
> aren't related to Linux (machine powers down 1 second after power up, etc.),
> but now it's fine again (running 2.4.21).

I have seen similar crazy stuff (like hard crash with power LED going
both green *and* red on OS boot (any OS, even w98) after poweron.
Only cure was to unplug it and remove battery. Seeing crash
where 4-sec-power no longer worked was pretty common...

ACPI tends to provoke rather weird hw problems.
--
Pavel
Written on sharp zaurus, because my Velo1 broke. If you have Velo you don't need...