Re: atyfb still broken on 2.4.23-pre4 (on sparc64)

From: Daniël Mantione
Date: Wed Sep 17 2003 - 16:57:14 EST

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, James Simmons wrote:

> > Why don't you push it to 2.6 first then backport to 2.4 ? That would
> > be better imho...
>
> I have a copy of the 2.6.X port. I tested it on my laptop at work but I
> get a funny matrix effect every 256 pixels on my display. It looks like
> that data from the early pixels is repeated even if it is distored.
> Basically what is in pixel 1 is displayed in pixel 256 but distorted and
> what is displayed in pixel 512 is what should be displayed at pixel 256
> but distorted. Also each distortion band is about 8 pixels wide.
> I wouldn't submit it tho until I can test the patch on a sparc64
> myself to make sure it works.

This is also a display fifo issue. I think you need to get the display
fifo code in the 2.4 driver, I have been working with Geert in May to get
exactly the problem resolved on his VAIO, a Dell laptop I had temporarily
then had the problem too, it was because of lack of precision. It's likely
that Alexander didn't update his code yet.

Greetings,

Daniël Mantione