Re: laptop mode for 2.4.23-pre4 and up

From: Peter Chubb
Date: Wed Sep 17 2003 - 15:36:56 EST

>>>>> "Jens" == Jens Axboe <axboe@xxxxxxx> writes:

Jens> On Mon, Sep 15 2003, Norbert Preining wrote:
>> On Son, 14 Sep 2003, Jens Axboe wrote: > > Will there be a new
>> incantation of the laptop-mode patch for 2.4.23-pre4
>> >
>> > Sure, I'll done a new patch in the next few days.

Are you thinking of pushing something like this into 2.6 as well?
I ask, because 2.6 seems to drive the laptop significantly harder than
2.4 anyway --- battery life is lower, the disk light is on more, and the
machine runs hotter.

--
Dr Peter Chubb http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au peterc AT gelato.unsw.edu.au
You are lost in a maze of BitKeeper repositories, all slightly different.