Re: Bug/Oops Power Management with linux-2.6.0-test5-mm2

From: Ramon Casellas
Date: Tue Sep 16 2003 - 12:09:00 EST

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Patrick Mochel wrote:

> Ok, that's almost expected behavior.
Good to know :)

> I cannot explain why the LCD stays on, besides the fact that something on
> the ACPI side of things is not working correctly. Though, it appears to be
> performing the entire suspend/resume cycle.

:? It's possible. ACPI is *the other missing part* :) There are some
issues with detecting the Embedded Controller and AE_TIMES in latest IBM
thinkpads, but things are getting better.

> Drivers are still an issue. The current work around is to try removing all
> modules before suspending. There is also an issue with reinitializing the
> ACPI IRQ routing links, which will be addressed shortly.

Good to know (part II)

> to handle high pages yet. It will be addressed, but probably not for
> another few weeks.

Good things come to those who wait. I'll be trying APM as well... Let me
know if you want me to test something/patches, etc.

Thanks for your time,
R.