Re: 2.6-test4 latencey problems + howto compilation

From: Jose Luis Alarcon Sanchez
Date: Sat Sep 06 2003 - 14:02:33 EST

---- Begin Original Message ----

From: Armin Obersteiner <armin@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 19:17:44 +0200
To: linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: 2.6-test4 latencey problems + howto compilation

hi!

Congratulations for the 2.6 kernel, it seems more mature than 2.4 test
kernels!

My 2.6 experience (linux-2.6.0-test4) is basically *very* good, but
some remarks:

1) Documents/Changes should be updated to:

module-init-tools 0.9.13 # depmod -V

Earlier module-init-tools do not work. at least nor for me.

---- End Original Message ----

Hi Armin.

I don't know why the previous module-init-tools don't work
for your system. I am using the 2.6.0-test4 kernel (with the
Nick Piggin ideas about schedule patched) and i can manage
modules perfectly. This is my depmod -V output:

module-init-tools 0.9.10

Maybe you can have another thing broken?.

Regards.

Jose.

http://linuxespana.scripterz.org

FreeBSD RELEASE 4.8.
Mandrake Linux 9.1 Kernel 2.6.0-test4 XFS.
Registered BSD User 51101.
Registered Linux User #213309.
Memories..... You are talking about memories.
Rick Deckard. Blade Runner.