Re: Driver Model 2 Proposal - Linux Kernel Performance v Usability

From: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz
Date: Thu Sep 04 2003 - 16:42:46 EST

Heh. You want stable plugin API.

It will always end as bloat:

(a) you add plugin API
(b) its not sufficient, so you add revision 1 of the API
(you still have to support rev 0 because some plugins are binary-only)
(c) its not sufficient, so you add revision 2 of the API
(now you have 3 versions of API to maintain)

Alternatively you can start with over-designed API from the beginning :-).

--bartlomiej