Re: What is the SiI 0680 chipset status?

From: Tomasz B±tor
Date: Thu Sep 04 2003 - 05:56:21 EST

Witam,
Dnia Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 11:06:06AM +0100 Alan Cox napisal(a):

> On Iau, 2003-09-04 at 02:42, Tomasz B??tor wrote:
> > It doesn't for me. I have no idea what could I possibly do wrong, but
> > I've tried dozens of possibilities without any luck. Compiling in
> > siimage.c = drive errors, ide2 reset and infinite loop of "lost
> > interrupt" messages at boot time. Without siimage.c compiled and with
> > ide2=xxx ide3=xxx parameters in lilo, disks are visible, but of course
> > there is no DMA.
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> If you disable both APIC and ACPI support is it any happier ?

Now it's:

CONFIG_X86_GOOD_APIC=y
# CONFIG_X86_UP_APIC is not set
# CONFIG_X86_UP_IOAPIC is not set
# CONFIG_ACPI is not set

At night I'll try turning APIC on (I've never used this before) and disable
it in cmos like Bob said. We'll see.

t.

--
Tomasz Bator e-mail: tomba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ICQ: 101194886