nasm over gas?

From: Fruhwirth Clemens
Date: Thu Sep 04 2003 - 05:44:15 EST

Hi!

I recently posted a module for twofish which implements the algorithm in
assembler (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=106210815132365&w=2)

Unfortunately the assembler used is masm. I'd like to change that. Netwide
Assembler (nasm) is the assembler of my choice since it focuses on
portablity and has a more powerful macro facility (macros are heavily used
by 2fish_86.asm). But as I'd like to make my work useful (aim for an
inclusion in the kernel) I noticed that this would be the first module to
depend on nasm. Everything else uses gas.

So the question is: Is a patch which depends on nasm likely to be merged?

For more information on "what is nasm":
http://nasm.sourceforge.net/doc/html/nasmdoc1.html#section-1.1

Regards, Clemens