RE: Scaling noise

From: Brown, Len
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 12:12:33 EST

Fortunately seek time on RAM is lower than disk;-) Sure, parallel
systems are a waste of effort for running a single copy of a single
threaded app, but when you have multiple apps, or better yet MT apps,
you win. If system performance were limited over time to the rate of
decrease in RAM latency, then we'd be in sorry shape.

Back to the original off-topic...
An OEM can spin their motivation to focus on smaller systems in 3 ways:

1. large server sales are a small % of industry units
2. large server sales are a small % of industry revenue
3. large server sales are a small % of industry profits

Only 1 is true.

Cheers,
-Len

#include <std/disclaimer.h>