Re: 2.6.0-test4(-mmX) via-rhine ethernet onboard C3 mini-itx doesn't work

From: Roger Luethi
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 04:52:56 EST

On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 11:30:22 +0200, Mikael Pettersson wrote:
> I saw your previous report. It was basically information-free and impossible
> to base any problem analysis on. If you want your bug reports to have a
> chance of being acted upon, follow the documented bug reporting procedure.

Most users are more than happy to provide additional information when asked
for it. In my personal experience, the documented bug reporting procdure is
a time consuming way of producing lots of information, most of which is
irrelevant to the case in question, and which is usually lacking the
information _I_ am looking for. For me, it tends to be less work to ask the
user for the specific details than to sift through a lengthy standard bug
report looking for it. YMMV, of course.

Roger