Re: Freeze with HPT370 2.4.22-rc2 and dxr3

From: Soeren Sonnenburg
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 01:38:12 EST

On Sun, 2003-08-31 at 22:36, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:

> > > Does the same happen with 2.4.20 or 2.4.21? (try with no binary modules
> > > please)
> >
> > Yes, happens with 2.4.21 and no binary modules. Shall I also try out
> > 2.4.20 ? I will if needed and it works with ide >137G / via chipset in
> > udma mode.
>
> Please try 2.4.20.

Ok, I tried with 2.4.20 again in single user mode. Same freeze.
Numlock was still working... sysrq+t/k etc don't give anything but cause
a freeze such that numlock no longer works also.

One disk is on one HPT370 and one is on one VIA IDE controller. Please
note that when I swap the hpt370 controller with a promise ultra 100 tx2
(pdc 20268) I get a system freeze on raid reconstruction (kernel 2.4.20
to 22) as soon as I turn on DMA on the pdc's... raid reconstructions
works fine with the hpt370s and DMA on though...

Shall I go back even further i.e. to 2.4.19 ? I will happily try out
other stuff if it helps fixing that problem. I thought maybe the dxr3
driver occupies the bus for a too long time ... could setting the pci
latency to <addvaluehere> of <which cards> help ?

Regards,
Soeren.