Re: Fix up power managment in 2.6

From: Greg KH
Date: Tue Sep 02 2003 - 13:21:14 EST

On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 12:40:18AM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > I don't think PCI device support broke - Pat seems to have fixed up
> > all that fairly nicely, so the driver model change should be
> > transparent.
>
> As far as I can test, yes, at least UHCI looks broken :-(. It is true
> that calling convention at PCI level did not change.

UHCI is broken? How?

Hey, I don't think that the USB code will work at all with suspend
without just unloading the whole USB core.

But I now have some patches in my tree that hook up the usb tree with
the power model to allow usb drivers to be notified that they should
save state in order to try to work on fixing this "problem".

greg k-h