Re: 2.6.0-test4-mm3

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Tue Sep 02 2003 - 12:10:38 EST

On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 06:14:04 +0200, Martin Schlemmer said:

> The problem I have with the patch you had here, is you changed:
>
> DEPMOD = /sbin/depmod
>
> to:
>
> DEPMOD = /sbin/depmod.old
>
> which is only the one from module-init-tools on a RH system ....

Damn. Somebody hand me a brown paper bag. :)

(Make note to self - next time, diff the right 2 versions, not the testing version ;)

I got misdirected by your comment "this will only work with RH based systems",
because (a) neither the RH9 or Rawhide tools include a depmod.old, (b)
depmod.old gets created on non-Redhat systems if you install the Rusty version,
and (c) using depmod.old *wont* work - so I totally failed to notice I'd
botched the value of $DEPMOD. ;)