2.6.0-test? ppp problems

From: Matthew Harrell
Date: Mon Sep 01 2003 - 12:33:12 EST

I haven't been able to get pppd to work with any of the 2.6.0 kernels even
though it works with the same setup under my 2.5.75 kernel. I'm getting
the error

pppd[1336]: pppd 2.4.1 started by mharrell, uid 1000
chat[1350]: Can't get terminal parameters: No such device
pppd[1336]: Connect script failed
pppd[1336]: tcsetattr: No such device

The device does exist, though, and I can access it fine through minicom. I've
tried it with both devfs turned on and off and it doesn't seem to make a
difference. I'm not getting any unusual messages in the kernel log

CSLIP: code copyright 1989 Regents of the University of California
PPP generic driver version 2.4.2

Any idea what's going on? Since the config is rather long I just put it
online here

http://alecto.bittwiddlers.com/files/config

Thanks

--
Matthew Harrell I no longer need to punish, deceive,
Bit Twiddlers, Inc. or compromise myself, unless I want