Re: dontdiff for 2.6.0-test4

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Mon Sep 01 2003 - 11:15:39 EST

Tigran Aivazian wrote:
On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 07:57:27AM -0700, Tigran Aivazian wrote:

I have updated dontdiff in the usual place:

http://www.moses.uklinux.net/patches/dontdiff

for the 2.6 kernels. Obviously this was only tested on my configuration(s)
so any additions are welcome. Just email them to me and I will add them.

For those who don't know what "dontdiff" is --- grep the file:

/usr/src/linux/Documentation/SubmittingPatches

Btw, what about putting this somewhere in the kernel tree?

Probably a good idea, because I hesitated whether to call this
"dontdiff-2.6" and leave the existing dontdiff for 2.4 or just switch to
2.6 (assuming it is applicable to 2.4 as well). But if it is in the kernel
tree then no need to worry about which dontdiff matches which kernel.

I'll throw it into 2.6. I use dontdiff all the time :)

FWIW I use the same dontdiff for 2.4 and 2.6...

Jeff