Re: x86, ARM, PARISC, PPC, MIPS and Sparc folks please run this

From: Geert Uytterhoeven
Date: Mon Sep 01 2003 - 06:32:31 EST

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, Jamie Lokier wrote:
> There is a bug in test_l1_only which I just noticed. It's unlikely,
> but if `dummy' happens to have the same L1 cache address as both words
> being tested, and it's a 2-way (or less) set-associative cache, then
> it will inadvertently flush the cache and say "store buffer not
> coherent" when it means to say "cache not coherent".
>
> Please try the program below, which is the same as before but with
> test_l1_only hopefully improved, and it prints some more helpful
> numbers.

Results for 68040 with the new version:

cassandra:/tmp# time ./test2
Test separation: 4096 bytes: FAIL - store buffer not coherent
Test separation: 8192 bytes: FAIL - store buffer not coherent
Test separation: 16384 bytes: FAIL - store buffer not coherent
Test separation: 32768 bytes: FAIL - store buffer not coherent
Test separation: 65536 bytes: FAIL - store buffer not coherent
Test separation: 131072 bytes: FAIL - store buffer not coherent
Test separation: 262144 bytes: FAIL - store buffer not coherent
Test separation: 524288 bytes: FAIL - store buffer not coherent
Test separation: 1048576 bytes: FAIL - store buffer not coherent
Test separation: 2097152 bytes: FAIL - store buffer not coherent
Test separation: 4194304 bytes: FAIL - store buffer not coherent
Test separation: 8388608 bytes: FAIL - store buffer not coherent
Test separation: 16777216 bytes: FAIL - store buffer not coherent
VM page alias coherency test: failed; will use copy buffers instead

real 0m0.454s
user 0m0.090s
sys 0m0.210s
cassandra:/tmp# cat /proc/cpuinfo