[RFC] must fix generic_serial .c

From: Gordon Stanton
Date: Mon Sep 01 2003 - 01:24:52 EST

Hi,
While trying to get most drivers in the kernel to compile, I had to skip a lot of the older ones that use cli() and sti() since deep knowledge is needed to fix those. Because of this I am asking that someone would please fix generic_serial.c in drivers/char and document in a HOWTO on the steps they took and the reasons behind it. This would help more people to be able to understand and fix a lot of the other drivers with the cli/sti problem. Even if the it wasn't generic_serial.c but one of the other serial drivers with the same problem, it still would be very instructive and help other to improve the kernel quicker.

Gordon