Re: x86, ARM, PARISC, PPC, MIPS and Sparc folks please run this

From: Jamie Lokier
Date: Mon Sep 01 2003 - 00:45:02 EST

Larry McVoy wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 06:35:10AM +0100, Jamie Lokier wrote:
> > I'd appreciate if folks would run the program below on various
> > machines, especially those whose caches aren't automatically coherent
> > at the hardware level.
>
> Results for Alpha, IA64, MIPS, ARM, PARISC, PPC, MIPSEL, X86, SPARC

Thanks Larry. That's a great range you have!
Collected and will be posted shortly in a table with the others.

> If you care, I also have freebsd (v2, v3, v4), netbsd 1.5, openbsd 3.0 (all
> bsd systems are x86, mostly celerons), hpux 10.20, sco, solaris, solaris/x86,
> Irix, MacOS X, AIX, Tru64 and probably some others.

AIX would be interesting; I don't have an RS6000. The rest of the
CPUs I have results for, and it sounds like a lot of effort for what's
basically a compile/compatibility test.

However, if it's very little effort for you to run the test on them please do!

Thanks,
-- Jamie