Re: 2.6.0-test4: Tested the Power Management Update

From: Michael Frank
Date: Sun Aug 31 2003 - 02:54:13 EST

On Sunday 31 August 2003 10:34, Michael Frank wrote:
> 6) MINOR UNCHANGED: As to the mouse, i8042 does not resume, so I
> config i8042 as a module and reload it on resume. However, current
> drivers/input/serio/Kconfig makes this impossible, which I whined
> about a few times already ;)
>
> config SERIO_I8042
> tristate "i8042 PC Keyboard controller" if EMBEDDED || !X86
>
> Maybe bug in kconfig: Even when X86 if off, can't touch i8042
> using menuconfig.

No, just another BUG in my head: I mistook X86_GENERIC for X86
- How BRILLIANT to _hide_ X86 away in arch/i386/Kconfig - it
is even inaccessible ....

mainmenu "Linux Kernel Configuration"

config X86
bool
default y
help
This is Linux's home port. Linux was originally native to the Intel
386, and runs on all the later x86 processors including the Intel
486, 586, Pentiums, and various instruction-set-compatible chips by
AMD, Cyrix, and others.

Couldn't one have a better way of handling this ?

Regards
Michael