Re: 2.6.0-test4-mm3

From: Ed Sweetman
Date: Fri Aug 29 2003 - 10:47:42 EST

Andrew Morton wrote:

ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.0-test4/2.6.0-test4-mm3/

. Lots of small fixes.

It seems that since test3-mm2 ...possibly mm3, my kernels just hang after loading the input driver for the pc speaker. Now directly after this on test3-mm1 serio loads.
serio: i8042 AUX port at 0x60,0x64 irq 12
input: AT Set 2 keyboard on isa0060/serio0
serio: i8042 KBD port at 0x60,0x64 irq 1

I'm guessing this is where the later kernels are hanging.
I checked and i dont see any serio/input patches since mm1 in test3 but every mm kernel i've tried since mm3 hangs at the same point where as mm1 does not. All have the same config. I'm using acpi as well. This is a via amd board. I dont wanna send a general email with all kinds of extra info (.config and such) unless someone is interested in the problem and needs it.