Re: tasklet_kill will always hang for recursive tasklets on a UP

From: Werner Almesberger
Date: Thu Aug 28 2003 - 21:32:09 EST

kuznet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> It still holds. tasklet_kill just waits for completion of scheduled
> events. Well, it _assumes_ that cpu which calls tasklet_schedule
> does not try to wake the tasklet after death.

Well, the tasklet isn't dead yet - it's still running.

> But it is from area of pure scholastics already: waker and killer
> have to synchronize in some way anyway.

Yes, all I'm saying is that one can't rely on tasklet_kill to
make a self-rescheduling tasklet go away, which, given the name,
would seem a reasonably assumption.

Also, in this case, tasklet_schedule behaves differently on SMP.
So I'd suggest to resolve all this by clarifying that
tasklet_schedule must not be called while tasklet_kill is
executing.

- Werner