Re: tasklet_kill will always hang for recursive tasklets on a UP

From: kuznet
Date: Thu Aug 28 2003 - 08:18:46 EST

Hello!

> Either the tasklet_kill hangs (which will happen on UP)

Never can happen, unless you are trying to call tasklet_kill
from softirq context, which is illegal.

> So I believe that at least one (to be precise, the last one called before
> tasklet dies) tasklet_schedule is not honoured.

You cannot call tasklet_schedule while kill is called. As I said in previous
mail, preventing new schedules is responsibility of callers. tasklet struct
and control functions do not maintain any information about its state, it is
for client to handle this in his preferred way.

You are right when saying the name is misnomer. tasklet_kill does not kill,
it waits for the moment when tasklet becomes really dead after client
strangled it with his own hands.

Alexey