Re: 2.4.22pre8 hangs too (Re: 2.4.21-jam1 solid hangs)

From: Ville Herva
Date: Wed Aug 27 2003 - 05:14:55 EST

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 11:30:27AM +0200, you [Stephan von Krawczynski] wrote:

> Hm, did you try a serial console? On my side this was a big step forward.

Do you mean in your case nothing shown on monitor (I've disabled monitor
blanking, so that is not it), sysrq key didn't work, nmi watchdog didn't
trigger but you were still able to get output from serial console? An oops?

Or, did you use kdb/kgdb in addition to serial console?

> If you experience complete hangs it may be something around hanging
> interrupts.

Probably, yes.

> Did you play with apic/acpi etc. to try different interrupt handling?

ACPI has never been enabled. I enabled local APIC when I enabled nmi
watchdog, so I've tried it on and off.

> What does your /proc/interrupts look like compared between 2.2 and 2.4 ?

I don't have 2.2 output at hand, but the 2.4.21-jam1 output doesn't seem too
suspicious:

cat /proc/interrupts
CPU0
0: 1675428 XT-PIC timer