Re: Promise SATA driver GPL'd

From: Matthias Andree
Date: Wed Aug 27 2003 - 04:01:09 EST

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, Jeff Garzik wrote:

> For the future, I'm currently whipping the libata internals into shape
> so that Promise may be supported. Promise hardware supports native
> command queueing, a lot like many SCSI adapters.

Is that true even for the older stuff such as a PDC20265?

It appears that FreeBSD 4-STABLE blacklists some older (before-TX2)
Promise chips because they apparently lock up when used with tagged
command queueing. I haven't yet looked at the ATAng driver merged into
FreeBSD 5-CURRENT.

FreeBSD 4-STABLE blacklist code in function ad_tagsupported():
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/ata/ata-disk.c?rev=1.60.2.24&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&only_with_tag=RELENG_4

FreeBSD 5-CURRENT:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/ata/

--