Re: 2.4.22pre8 hangs too (Re: 2.4.21-jam1 solid hangs)

From: Ville Herva
Date: Wed Aug 27 2003 - 02:39:32 EST

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 09:21:39AM +0200, you [Stephan von Krawczynski] wrote:

> Sorry, then you have to look for another explanation.

Yep, but I don't have any reasonable suspects.

> Did you already try to exchange everything but the harddisks ?

No. Do you suspect faulty hardware?

Apart from perhaps Adaptec 2940 (Adaptecs always give me trouble), I
believe the hw is pretty solid. It had no problems with 2.2 kernels. Based
on my experience, the i815 chipset is not that shaky (unlike the Via dung),
and I would expect the Intel motherboard to be on the better side as well.

I can't completely rule faulty hw out, though.

Exchanging hw will be quite difficult, as the hangs take as much as three
weeks to trigger (sometimes they happen withing a day after reboot), the box
is a production server, and I don't have much spare hardware atm.

What I had hoped for is to be able to get some information on where it hangs.
But sysrq and nmi watchdog don't cut it...

-- v --

v@xxxxxx