Re: reiser4 snapshot for August 26th.

From: Hans Reiser
Date: Tue Aug 26 2003 - 14:28:08 EST

Steven Cole wrote:

On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 12:20, Steven Cole wrote:

On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 04:22, Oleg Drokin wrote:

Hello!

I have just released another reiser4 snapshot that I hope all interested
parties will try. It is released against 2.6.0-test4.
You can find it at http://namesys.com/snapshots/2003.08.26
I include release notes below.

Reiser4 snapshot for 2003.08.26

I got this error while attempting to compile with reiser4.
Snippet from .config follows.

Steven

CC fs/reiser4/plugin/file/tail_conversion.o
CC fs/reiser4/sys_reiser4.o
fs/reiser4/sys_reiser4.c:54:32: parser/parser.code.c: No such file or directory

[snipped]

[steven@spc1 linux-2.6.0-test4-r4]$ grep REISER4 .config
CONFIG_REISER4_FS=y
CONFIG_REISER4_FS_SYSCALL=y

I should have read this more carefully :(

config REISER4_FS_SYSCALL
bool "Enable reiser4 system call"
depends on REISER4_FS
default n
---help---
Adds sys_reiser4() syscall.
This code is not in good shape yet and may not compile and stuff like that.

Without REISER4_FS_SYSCALL, -test4 with reiser4 compiles fine. Sorry about the noise.

Steven

Users should not be expected to read help text in a case like this.If it does not compile, it should not be visible.

--
Hans