Re: ERROR: Broken Via-Rhine NIC In "Stable" 2.4.22

From: Resident Boxholder
Date: Tue Aug 26 2003 - 01:14:21 EST

I saw that same message in 2.6.0-t3. Sometimes immediately the netcard would not ping
and sometimes it would fail after a while.

Do you see an "irq ? disabled" message, too? That would be typical.

Try turning apic off in bios-cmos-setup and letting linux turn it on. I don't have to use drastic
pci=noacpi, I can just disable serial and parallel and USB and turn apic off in bios and run
with no cd drives. Easier for me.

-Bob

Rod Bacon wrote:

Just attempted upgrade from 2.4.21 on a Via M10000 Mini-ITX system that
was working perfectly. 2.4.22 results in eth0 not working, and constant
"NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out. Resetting".