Running SMP 2.4.21 #2 SMP Kernel on single processor : Memory Leakage?

From: Mehmet Ali Suzen
Date: Fri Aug 22 2003 - 09:44:43 EST

Hi All,
I am running RedHat Linux 9 Linux 2.4.21 SMP and
memory usage is increasing regularly even if
no heavy service like (radiusd,mysqld, httpd, named) is not
running. After some time I get Out of Memory
messages and system hungs!

It sounds stupid but we are running single cpu.
Would it be possible to have a memory leakage due to SMP
operations? Board is Intel Server Board SE7501BR2 and
cpu info:

processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 15
model : 2
model name : Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.40GHz
stepping : 7
cpu MHz : 2392.346
cache size : 512 KB
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 2
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm
bogomips : 4771.02

processor : 1
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 15
model : 2
model name : Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.40GHz
stepping : 7
cpu MHz : 2392.346
cache size : 512 KB
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 2
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm

Many thanks for the commets
Cheers,
Mehmet
bogomips : 4784.12