Re: [2.6.0-test3-mm3] irda compile error

From: Christian Axelsson
Date: Fri Aug 22 2003 - 01:16:39 EST

Martin Diehl wrote:

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, Christian Axelsson wrote:

Got this while doing make. Config attached.
Same config compiles fine under mm2

CC drivers/net/irda/vlsi_ir.o
drivers/net/irda/vlsi_ir.c: In function `vlsi_proc_pdev':
drivers/net/irda/vlsi_ir.c:167: structure has no member named `name'

Yep, Thanks. I'm aware of the problem which is due to the recent device->name removal. In fact a fix for this was already included in the latest resent of my big vlsi update patch pending since long.

Anyway, it was pointed out now the patch is too big so I'm currently working on splitting it up. Bunch of patches will follow soon :-)

Btw., are you actually using this driver? I'm always looking for testers with 2.6 to give better real life coverage...

No, not until I get a cellphone or similar that I can use it with :)
I smiply have it for eventual cases like this as I want to find as much bugs as possible before the actual 2.6 release.

--
Christian Axelsson
smiler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx