Re: Initramfs confusion

From: Rob Landley
Date: Thu Aug 21 2003 - 19:53:21 EST

On Thursday 21 August 2003 06:33, Miles Bader wrote:
> Rob Landley <rob@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > Here's a big cut and paste from a script of mine that does a lot of
> > this gorp automatically while creating a bootable CD image.
>
> I've no idea what the original poster really wants, but your script
> seems to use initrd, not initramfs (which is much nicer than initrd in
> theory).

The script was done for 2.4, where initramfs wasn't an option. (I mentioned
it being old, and a bit crufty.)

The original poster was saying they were having trouble creating a 2.88 floppy
image, which is most of what that script snippet does. (The bit that
actually creates the root ramdisk that floppy uses was earlier in the script,
and not included in the snip. I believe the script just had a line to copy
the ramdisk file onto the floppy image...)

> -Miles

Rob