Re: Input issues - key down with no key up

From: Vojtech Pavlik
Date: Thu Aug 21 2003 - 09:23:27 EST

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 04:08:30PM +0200, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:

> Disabling the translation in the onboard 8042 solves the problem and I am
> quite surprised there are problems with that. After all a pass-through
> mode is easier to implement than a cooked one -- it's essentially a no-op.

Yes, but on a notebook, you often don't have a microcontroler in the
keyboard itself, and there is no wire over which the untranslated set2
scancodes would be passed. The i8042 directly scans the keyboard matrix.
Then it's easy to forget about the set3 scancode set ...

--
Vojtech Pavlik
SuSE Labs, SuSE CR